As a principal (defendant) and/or indemnitor (guarantor) on a bail bond, you must be given a copy of any collateral document(s) that you sign for the bond.
When all agreements have been fulfilled and bond is discharged in writing by the court, and without loss expense on the bond(s), your full collateral will be returned to you.
Be aware collateral is at risk if the principal fails to appear in court or if the principal commits any breach (violation) of the agreement.
Any of the following happenings is a breach of the agreement:
- If principal fails to appear in court;
- If principal shall depart the jurisdiction of the court without the written consent of the court and the Surety, or its Agent;
- If principal shall move form one address to another without notifying the Surety, or its Agent, in writing prior to said move;
- If principal shall commit any act which shall constitute reasonable evidence of principal’s intention to cause a forfeiture of the bond(s);
- If principal is arrested and incarcerated for any offense other than a minor traffic violation;
- If principal shall make any material false statement in the application; or
- If principal shall violate any special restriction or condition of the bond(s) imposed by the court.
For general information regarding your collateral, contact the AGENT as shown on the top of this form.
For further inquiry/complaint, contact:
Florida Department of Financial Services
Division of Consumer Services
200 East Gaines Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0322
(877) 693-5236 (in state) (850) 413-3089 (all areas)
Any Bail Bond agent who surrenders or recommits a defendant shall execute form DFS-H2-1542 (07-02) titled “Statement of Surrender Form”, which is adopted and incorporated herein by reference. The licensee shall provide a copy to the defendant, and maintain a copy in the file of the defendant. This form is available on the back of the Disclosure form and www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/Agents
I/We have received a copy of this terms and conditions. I/We have received a copy of all collateral documents that I/We signed for this bond(s).
Signed, sealed and delivered this ______________ day of _________________, 20_____